A Mix of Scrap

Friday, April 23, 2010

On Love and Marriage

Oh yea, this is gonna be good. I've bookmarked about 8493028 things I wanted to share on various subjects that have caught my eye in the last few days. We'll start with some mushy lovey stuff.

We've been married for 6 months now (say what?! Isn't is crazy how time flies??), and I can honestly say that our relationship has never been better. It's hard to try and pinpoint why it's so good. In the fall, it seemed like everyone was asking "are you nervous", and neither of us really was. Sure, we both had our fair share of butterflies in tummy (me on saturday night, him on sunday morning) but we weren't nervous about the "after". Leading up to it we always joked that we were already married, this was just making it official and getting to have a really awesome party, lol! We've been together 4.5 years now, living together for 3.5 of those (maybe 4, my math is fuzzy this morning). We bought a house together a few months before we were even engaged. We knew we could live with each other without killing each other (which is obviously hugely important, lol!). We fought, we made up, we traveled. Officially getting married was just the icing on the cake it seemed like. But it was more. There's an extra sense of "we're in this together", and extra connection it seems like sometimes. Not just girlfriend/boyfriend or fiance, but husband and wife. It's wonderful to feel so much love all the time. We've been extra snuggly and mushy lately, even with my big test taking away most of my time.

But I know it's not always going to be easy. I think that we're in a good place and are laying a good foundation for the rest of our marriage. I came across these bits of wisdom on love and marriage, and wanted to pass them along. The second link really speaks to me, I know that Jordan appreciates my ACTIONS more than my words in many cases. It's a good reminder to do the dishes without being prompted, because that makes him happy - even though I despise doing the dishes. :)

Wedded Bliss - 5 Bits of Advise from Marta Writes


Love is Doing Something When You Don't Feel Like It from Penelope Loves Lists

We're heading up to PA for my best friend's wedding this weekend. SO EXCITING!! I got her a great little present that I can't wait to share :)

Hmm, I had more to share but I think I've rambled on long enough. The Earth Day stuff deserves a post of its own, even if it will be a few days late. :)

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!
~Col

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree, that "day" made all the others after it a little different.

Post a Comment